El comico es finito!! I am left with just scads of spare time, having finished at like 11pm this week, thus I shall fill this blog post with awe and wonder and things that go bump in the night because they’ve lost their flashlights and are trying to sneak back into the house after curfew. I wish I had a curfew. Might get these drawings done sooner.
Things I did this week:
- With the help of You, the Heroes who read this comic, It has been determined that the only word around here which is too rude to type out in full is “N***elback.” Take note, and add as many asterisks as you please. Find a ninja if you’re short a couple.
- I read that “artist” Damien Hirst continues to sell his “works” for 18 millions dollars each. Not that a shark in a big tank isn’t neat and all, but unless he gave birth to the shark then I’d have to hesitate at calling it a piece of art. Mostly I just think that 18 mil is kind of steep for something you could just catch on your own for far less money. THUS: for those looking for pieces of art, but not looking to spend 18 million, I shall be selling original Subnormality art for the bargain price of one million dollars each. That’s eighteen you could have for the price of one pickled shark, so I think that’s a pretty good friggin’ deal. Email to arrange payment or to inquire which art is available. Yes, I am seriously charging one million dollars. No, I do not expect any takers, which is kind of the point.
- I finished reading my Mom’s latest novel (actually i did that last week, but oh well), and I can objectively recommend it to anyone who likes reading (there’s lots of words in it, like my comix) because it’s that kind of book: fundamentally good. Humorous, moving, and it makes you feel better about your life. Plus it’s totally suitable for these modern times of small worlds and global villages and whatnot. Did you know that sometimes people in one country go to live in another country?! Well, it’s true! Not that you’d know it from the usual mass entertainment crud. Around here (Canada), we’re constantly being told how we’re all beer-drining hockey fanatics who like tractors and being polite when someone’s stabbing you in the face with a hunting knife. I like books that contradict this. This is a novel about Real characters, the kind of thing I aspire to write. Highly recommended. And no, you can’t figure out my real last name if you know my Mom’s name, because she writes under her maiden name! Ha!! Fools!! Anyway, this ends the only advertisement you will ever see in this space. Give birth to me and thou shall receive free press! This is a standing offer.
- Ah yes, my favorite columnist was the target of death threats and verbal abuse from Fox News because she dared to state the bleeding obvious and identify Sarah Palin as white trash. Well guess what? SHE’S WHITE TRASH!! The whitinest, trashinest, homophobinest, pro-lifinest, whitey white white McTrash that ever shot a moose, and if McCain is elected and then dies in office and then fuckin’ Wilma Flintstone becomes president then I will be moving to Jupiter at my earliest convenience before she decides to initiate the End of Days by nuking Moscow or something. I’m not American, but I am from Earth, and here on Earth we don’t put up with that kind of bullshit. I hear Jupiter’s nice this time of year. Very little snow. No tourists. No dangerous hillbillies.
- Watched some random, aeons-old YouTube video of, erm, gwen stefani when she was in high school. Back when she was a Real person. Weird shit. Apparently celebritites used to be people when they were young. Or maybe the lesson here is that they still are people. Or maybe the lesson here is that it’s definitely time to stop typing for another week.
- Cheerio, then! Be seeing you. Death threats to the usual address (mine, that is).
Awkward double handshake,